If a trip to Omaha is in your future, you’re likely hitting up our wonderful city’s tourism websites to get ideas for what to do during your visit.
Something we recommend to all of our guests at Magnolia Hotels is to experience Omaha like a local and visit the same places that Omahans do every day in order to get a real feel for what our city’s really like.
To give you an idea of what we’re talking about, we got the inside scoop from some of our city’s best advocates—our team members—on the must-sees and must-dos for your next visit to the Cornhusker State.
While there were dozens of responses to each question we asked our employees, we easily identified some clear favorites. Without further adieu, here’s our version of the “Best of Omaha”:
- Best Coffee Shop: Scooter’s (our general manager, Tim, recommends the cafe mocha!). There are two locations about a quarter-mile from our hotel.
- Favorite Craft Cocktail Bar: The Berry and Rye, about five blocks from Magnolia.
- Favorite Brewery or Craft Beer Spot: Upstream Brewing Company was a clear favorite among our team.
- Best Brunch: WheatField’s is an all-around favorite (try the Almond Butter French Toast!).
- Best Dive Bar: Homy Inn (“Where else can you find champagne on tap?!” asks our own Lindsey.)
- Best Dessert Spot: Almost unanimously, the clear winner was Ted & Wally’s.
- Best Seasonal Activity: College World Series (the locals call it CWS), Vala’s Pumpkin Patch and summertime farmers markets.
To sum it up, all of our employees who participated in our “Best of Omaha” survey said the best things about our city are the friendly people and that it’s clean and safe. “COME! You will be asking why it took you so long to visit!” said Sophia in our account department. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.