Magnolia Hotel Offers Four New Scrumptious Dinner & Guestroom Packages with Houston’s Hottest Downtown Restaurants
Jan. 27, 2009 (HOUSTON)—The Magnolia Hotel Houston has partnered with restaurateur Youssef Nafaa and his Bella Restaurant Group to offer four new dinner packages, paired with an overnight stay at the posh Magnolia. These gourmet multi-course dinner-and-guestroom packages are perfect for a downtown date night, a special occasion, or just a fun night out in the city.
The packages are with Mia Bella Trattoria, Collin’s Chop House and Whiskey Bar, Cielo Mexican Bistro and Cava Bistro, each a vibrant, bustling downtown restaurant within walking distance of the Magnolia. Each package includes transportation to and from the restaurant; a social reception with beer, wine and soda at the Magnolia Club from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.; a multi-course dinner at the restaurant included in the package; “bedtime” fresh-baked cookies and milk at the Magnolia from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.; and a hot American breakfast buffet at the Magnolia the next morning.
The Cielo Mexican Bistro menu includes
- One appetizer per couple, choice of Avocado Rolls, Chicken Empanadas, or Pan-Seared Ahi Tuna
- One per person: Cielo’s Tortilla Soup or House Salad
- One entrée per person: Cielo Enchiladas, Chipotle Chicken, Chimichurri Steak, or Jalapeno-Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- One dessert per couple: Tres Leches
The Collin’s Chop House menu includes:
- One appetizer per couple, choice of Collin’s Blue Crab Cake, Steak & Eggs, or Wild Mushroom Tart
- One per person: Truffled Wild Mushroom Bisque or Poached Pear Salad
- One entrée per person: 8-oz. Filet Mignon, Colorado Lamb Chops, Pepper-Seared Ahi Tuna, or Slow-Roasted Herb Chicken. Accompanied by your choice of side dish: Collin’s Cast Iron Hash Browns, Sautéed Fresh Baby Spinach, or Artisan Macaroni and Cheese.
- One dessert per couple, choice of Peach Cobbler or Chocolate Cake.
The Mia Bella Trattoria menu includes:
- One appetizer per couple, choice of Wild Mushroom Strudel with Goat Cheese, Spinach, Leeks, Roasted Red Peppers & Mushroom Pesto Sauce; Carciofi Fritti: Fried Artichoke Heart with Basil Pesto Sauce; or Bruschetta alla Romana, Toasted Italian Bread with Fresh Basil, Olive Oil & Tomato Sauce
- One soup or salad per person: Insalata Mia Bella or Tomato Basil Bisque
- One entrée per person: Osobucco Miomodo (lam shank with shiitake mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and port wine sauce served with garlic-leek mashed potato); Parmigiana Di Pollo (roasted stuffed chicken breast with spinach, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, mozzarella and parmesan cheese over angel hair pasta); Pesce Con Porto (carmelized halibut in a port wine reduction over roasted red pepper risotto); or Capellini di Mare (angel hair pasta with sautéed shrimps, scallops, mussels, clams and fresh tomatoes)
- One dessert per couple, choice of Tiramisu or Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
The Cava Bistro menu includes:
- One appetizer per couple, including Ahi Tuna Tartar with crabmeat, rice noodles and wasabi aioli; almond-crusted baked brie with toasted baguettes, roasted garlic, fresh arugula and strawberries served with a lemon butter and raspberry sauce; OR a Leek Tart: Caramelized leeks with goat cheese served with a tomato coulis butter
- One soup or salad per person: House Salad, Caesar Salad, Corn Bisque or Trio Onion Soup.
- One entrée per person: Dover Sole: Fillet of Sole poached in a sweet sherry wine over oyster mushroom roasted red pepper risotto; Chicken Napoleon: Grilled marinated chicken breast layered with purple roasted potatoes in a mushroom herb demi-cream sauce; OR Beef Short Ribs: Braised and served in a chipotle ginger glaze served with asparagus over creamy mashed potatoes
- One dessert per couple: choice of Chocolate Eruption or White & Dark Chocolate Mousse Crepes.
The packages start at $204 per couple and can be reserved online at www.magnoliahotelhouston.com or by calling toll-free 1-888-915-1110. For more information about any of the restaurants featured, visit www.bellarestaurants.com.
The beautiful Houston Magnolia Hotel opened in 2003 in Houston's most renowned downtown structure, the former Post Dispatch building. The Magnolia Hotel offers high-speed wireless Internet access; an on-site fitness center offering new, high-tech equipment; a rooftop pool and Jacuzzi; and a luxurious Club Room lounge and billiards area with plasma televisions. The Magnolia’s prime location is close to Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros, and the Toyota Center, home of the Houston Rockets; the Houston Aquarium; Bayou Place and the theater district.
The Magnolia hotels are upscale boutique hotels catering to the sophisticated traveler, operated by Denver-based Magnolia Hotels, a privately held hotel management and development company. The company focuses on development, management, acquisition, re-branding, new construction and conversion of existing independent hotel properties. The core product line consists of award-winning, independent boutique hotels that offer a comfort, personality and style unlike that of trendy or branded hotels. Stylish interiors are designed with local flair. Comfort is fashioned through warm personal spaces such as signature Club rooms and restful suites. The company currently operates Magnolia hotels in Denver, Dallas, Houston and Omaha and is exploring other markets for additional growth opportunities. Magnolia Hotels also is actively seeking to acquire new hotel management contracts. For more information, visit www.magnoliahotels.com.